As of 9.3, build 239, ServicePoint establishes compatibility with NCR CounterPoint up through version 8.5.3. This release of CounterPoint features an improved user interface experience, designed to be more intuitive and to provide ease of access to CounterPoint functions. ServicePoint is “version aware”, and will function properly with prior versions of CP, up through the most current version. The latest service pack for ServicePoint is always available on our Downloads page.
Install the build 239 service pack for ServicePoint and take advantage of the latest features from RTM, including:
- Additional emailing options, including the ability to email any report or form directly from the preview window
- Improved signature capture storage from the SP Mobile app to allow the signature image to be easily printed on documents and reports, including document reprints from within CounterPoint.
- Scheduling improvements to prevent assignment of technicians on planned days/time off.
As of 9.3, build 230, ServicePoint is compatible with the following versions of our companion software products:
- NCR CounterPoint up through version 8.5.2.
- Microsoft Dynamics GP up through the 2016 release.
- Passport PBS software up through version 12.04.
ServicePoint is “version aware”, and will function properly with prior versions of each package. up through their most current version. The latest service pack for ServicePoint is always available on our Downloads page.
ServicePoint now has its own email server setup information, allowing us to send email messages from within the application without requiring a MAPI compliant email program. (No more Outlook!)
As of build 122, there is a new tab in Control Information. called “Email setup”, pictured below.
The tab allows entry and testing of smtp email server parameters to be used for emailing from within ServicePoint, as well as sending tickets from the field via the SP Mobile remote application.
Enter the following to allow the ability to send an automated email report within ServicePoint, or to send a receipt directly from within the web app. This is optional, and needs to be modified only if direct emailing is desired.
- Email server name – The value in this key should contain the name of your smtp email server. For example: “smtp.gmail.com” or “mail.yourdomain.com”.
- Login user name – The user ID or user name to be used to log into the smtp server.
- Login password – The password to be used for logging into the smtp server with the user ID above.
- Port number – The standard outgoing smtp port is 25. However, some isp’s require a different value here. For example, 587 or 465.
- Use SSL? – Check this box if your email server requires the use of a Secure Socket Layer for outgoing emails. Checking this box will set this value to “True”
- From email address – The email address to appear in the “From” and “reply-to” email address of emails sent from ServicePoint.
- CC email address – The email entered here will receive a copy of all emails sent from ServicePoint.
- Email body signature – The text entered will be appended to the body of emails sent from SP. Forms groups allow the email body to be specified in the “Comment” of each emailed report. The signature will be added after the comment text.
For full release notes, click here!
RTM is going to the NCR Interact Retail Partner Summit, 4/13/16 – 4/15/16 as an exhibitor. Stop by and let us show you what’s new. See you in Phoenix!
A new setup item has been added to ServicePoint in build 220, called “Forms Groups”, allowing users to define a collection of forms/reports that will print together automatically. Multiple forms with different destinations may be defined in a group, and all forms are executed when the group is used. For example, checking in a piece of equipment for service/repair can automatically generate a receipt for the customer and a tag to be attached to the incoming item.
Each form within a group can be defined to be sent to a user-defined destination. The choices for destination are:
- Select at print time – This option will bring up the same print window that has been presented in prior versions, allowing the user to select an alternate form and specify whether to Preview or Print the form
- Preview – This choice will immediately display the specified form in a preview window when executed.
- Allow printer selection by user – The specified report form will present a Windows printer selection window at print time, allowing the user to select their preferred printer.
- Route to specific printer – This option allows the selection of a specific printer in the forms group definition, automatically routing this form to the particular printer when the group is invoked.
- Email – Selecting the Email option, allows entry of the email to use, routing the report output directly to the proper email recipient at print time. Options exist to email the WO customer, the technician assigned to the service call, or a specific email address. Multiple email recipients may be specified.
Here are some screen shots of the setup:
A group may be selected in ServicePoint Control Information under the “Default work order group”, and also as a default work order group in Work Order Status Codes. (In both of these locations, a single Crystal report file may still be typed in to default to the single specific form)
For full release notes, click here!
SPMobile, the remote access software for ServicePoint SQL, now has the ability to immediately email a ticket to the customer directly from within the app! The new function has been added to the work order Summary screen and uses the default email address from the customer file, allowing email address override by the technician in the field. If you are a current user of SPMobile, the additional functionality can be implemented simply by downloading and installing the update available on our downloads page. Additional setup must be done, as described in the installation guide.
Here’s a sample of the information that can be included in the email to the customer…
We’ve completed an extensive overhaul of our website at rtmcs.com. The improved layout has been designed to simplify navigation while offering better content, including automated cross-posting of blog entries to our RTM Facebook page. The new site is based on Responsive Web Design standards to make it easy to read and navigate on all devices, from desktop monitors to cell phones.
A link to the SP Mobile option download now exists on our Downloads page. This option allows technicians to access and update their service work orders from out in the field, using any device that has internet access. Our browser-based screens allow a tech to clock in and out of a task, add parts and notes, capture a customer signature, and to use gps navigation to get to their next job.
As of 9.3, build 213, ServicePoint is compatible with CounterPoint up through version 8.5.1. The latest service pack for ServicePoint is always available on our Downloads page.
ServicePoint now has new features to support scheduling of multi-day projects. The scheduling function can now automate the allocation of labor time across multiple days, using a predefined calendar of work days/hours.